Craig's Travel Log

I have wanted to go to backpack Europe ever since my dad began telling me stories of the trip he took when he was in college. I am taveling with my friends from high school and earlier: Ryan, Matt, Brett, Wes, and Scotty. I am so thankful and privileged to finally be on my way. What will I experience once I go? There's only one way to find out.

Name:
Location: Escondido, California, United States

Friday, August 11, 2006


MÜNICH- We got into munich in the early afternoon and decided to take a Mike's Bike Tour. It was a pretty sweet tour and we learned a lot about the city. The only bad thing is that it was raining half the time. Some highlights are a stop at a beer garden, and also at a standing wave at the river that runs through town. Later on that night, we went to the Hofbrauhaus. The next day we went to Dachau, the Nazi labor camp. IT was a pretty chilling experience seeing some of the things that those people went through, and even standing in the gas chambers. We got some authentic Bavarian food that night as well. The next day, Matt, Scotty and Brett went to see Neuschwanstein (the disneyland castle), while Wes, Ryan and I slept in and walked around town a bit, before being rained out of the Third Reich Tour that we wanted to attend. We played it cool that night in order to prepare for our early train to Budapest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home