Craig's Travel Log

I have wanted to go to backpack Europe ever since my dad began telling me stories of the trip he took when he was in college. I am taveling with my friends from high school and earlier: Ryan, Matt, Brett, Wes, and Scotty. I am so thankful and privileged to finally be on my way. What will I experience once I go? There's only one way to find out.

Name:
Location: Escondido, California, United States

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

FLORENCE- After my nap in the Florence train station, we headed to a park where waited for Matt's friend Jenny to meet us. WHile we waited, I tried to find a Doctor, because I was still feeling sick. After walking halfway across town and trying the ER, I was directed to a little clinic, where after my best efforts of hand motions and the little broken English that she did speak, I was able to get some good medicine and hopefully get off to a full recovery. We finally met up with Jenny and got to relax at her and her cousin Melissa's apartment for a little while. In the evening they made us dinner (which was amazing) and I felt much better.

The next two days we didn't do much besides sleep in and walk around town and hang out in the girls' apartment. It rained both days and the weather ended up being a little cooler than I thought. The second day I decided to cut my hair. I was tired of taking care of it, with it making me hotter and taking longer to dry and just being downright annoying. I didn't want to pay a lot for an expensive haircut so I just had Matt and Jenny do it. It was a learning experience for all of us, and it pretty much looks like a buzz cut that's grown out a little (the difficulty was that we didn't have clippers so we had to use a pair of cheap household scissors). The next two nights were filled with good food and great gelato as we would walk through the town past all the vendors and street performers. On the 26 we finally left for Rome after a wonderful and relaxing 3 nights in Florence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home