Craig's Travel Log

I have wanted to go to backpack Europe ever since my dad began telling me stories of the trip he took when he was in college. I am taveling with my friends from high school and earlier: Ryan, Matt, Brett, Wes, and Scotty. I am so thankful and privileged to finally be on my way. What will I experience once I go? There's only one way to find out.

Name:
Location: Escondido, California, United States

Friday, July 21, 2006

San Sebastian, Spain We arrived in San Sebastian at about 830 in the morning. As we did not have a place to stay, we headed toward the tourist office but found it closed. Just then an old man walking his dog asked us if we need a place to stay and we ended up staying in a pension right in the heart of town. It worked out great and the old man and woman who ran it were very nice. We met an Aussie there and he hung out with us the rest of the time in San Sebastian (seem to run into a lot of traveling Aussies). It was really hot the whole time we were there so we just tried to stay cool by being in the shade or in the water, which was the perfect temperature (much warmer than California). We were gonna try and surf but there were really no waves. When trying to book a train for Barcelona we found out the one we wanted was full. We ended up deciding to split up with Matt and I taking the slow route through the Pyrenees and Wes, Ryan, Scotty and Brett staying an extra night in San Sebastian and then taking the day train to Barcelona. Matt and I are off to Pamplona and we will catch up with those guys in Italy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home