Craig's Travel Log

I have wanted to go to backpack Europe ever since my dad began telling me stories of the trip he took when he was in college. I am taveling with my friends from high school and earlier: Ryan, Matt, Brett, Wes, and Scotty. I am so thankful and privileged to finally be on my way. What will I experience once I go? There's only one way to find out.

Name:
Location: Escondido, California, United States

Monday, July 10, 2006

London- After a long day of traveling, we finally arrived in London. The first day, we visited Kensington Gardens and Picadilly Circus before meeting up with the other guys at Big Ben. For dinner we had our "local meal" of fish and chips and a brew. Everything after that consisted of me trying to stay awake in order to beat jet lag. It was tough considering I woke up at 430am pacific time, got maybe an hour of sleep on the flight to Montreal, 3 or 4 hours over to London, arriving in London at 645am London time, and not napping during the whole day. Needless to say, it could have been the longest day of my life. But I don't care, because it's London!

Our second day in London we tried to find Knights Templar (some Da Vinci Code place), saw the London Bridge, Tower of London, Tower Bridge (WAY better than the London Bridge, which was just a plain bridge), the outside of Westminster Abbey (it was closed, on the account of it being Sunday) and then chilled and played Frisbee at Speakers corner of Hyde Park. At night we watched the soccer game from Soho. We tried to see it at a pub or something, but it was so packed everywhere, we ended up in a Chinese restaurant. After the game, the little Italy section of Soho started going insane, people jumping up and down and yelling and waving the flag. We soon realized that not only was that area crazy, but pretty much that whole part of London was going nuts (especially Picadilly Circus). It was easily the craziest sports celebration I have ever witnessed.

Third day in London we saw the inside of Westminster Abbey, and then I went and saw the Globe theatre and the outside of St. Paul's Cathedral and the Old Bailey's before returning to the hotel to get my bag and head to the train station. Now we are off to Paris!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's fun reading your blogs!!!

5:57 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home