Craig's Travel Log

I have wanted to go to backpack Europe ever since my dad began telling me stories of the trip he took when he was in college. I am taveling with my friends from high school and earlier: Ryan, Matt, Brett, Wes, and Scotty. I am so thankful and privileged to finally be on my way. What will I experience once I go? There's only one way to find out.

Name:
Location: Escondido, California, United States

Monday, July 31, 2006


CINQUE TERRE- I met up with Ryan, Matt and Wes again in Cinque Terre, which is a series of 5 little towns on the Italian Riviera. We stayed in the southernmost town, Riomaggiore, and on the first day, did 5 mile hike to all the towns. It was a beautiful hike with some amazing views, but also very hot and tiring. The next day we did some snorkeling and I was the only one who managed not to get stung by a jellyfish. The water is a clear bright blue and really warm. At night we would just hang out in the town and listen to a live band that was playing for some kind of town anniversary festival. It actually wasn't that hot there and it was nice to have a couple of days to relax and not sightsee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home