Craig's Travel Log

I have wanted to go to backpack Europe ever since my dad began telling me stories of the trip he took when he was in college. I am taveling with my friends from high school and earlier: Ryan, Matt, Brett, Wes, and Scotty. I am so thankful and privileged to finally be on my way. What will I experience once I go? There's only one way to find out.

Name:
Location: Escondido, California, United States

Friday, August 25, 2006


BERLIN- I wasn't sure what to expect heading into Berlin. We stayed three nights there. The second day we took a bike tour and that gave us a good feel for the city. most of the stuff there had all been rebuilt from WWII. The Berlin wall and Checkpoint Charlie were probably some of the highlights because that was something that was happening in my own lifetime! The Reichstag (parliament) building was cool because it has this sweet glass dome that you can go up into and get great views of the city. We stayed in what was part of East Berlin. To eat we had mostly Kebabs, and I also had some Turkish pizza, which is basically the same as Armenian pizza. It was a fun city, but it is so huge it's hard to feel like you've seen it. We also saw where Hitler's bunker was, and also a really cool Holocaust memorial.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CRAIG!! I sent a birthday greeting to your email address, but wanted to make sure I didn't miss you, so I thought I'd leave one here, too. CELEBRATING YOUR BIRTHDAY IN EUROPE!! Too cool! Have a terrific day!! I will be giving your Mom and Dad $50 to put into your account and wanted you to know so you can use it there if you want to...Have a great time!Love,

6:16 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday craig! you are awsome leaving your blog. hope you have a great day!

4:24 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home