Craig's Travel Log

I have wanted to go to backpack Europe ever since my dad began telling me stories of the trip he took when he was in college. I am taveling with my friends from high school and earlier: Ryan, Matt, Brett, Wes, and Scotty. I am so thankful and privileged to finally be on my way. What will I experience once I go? There's only one way to find out.

Name:
Location: Escondido, California, United States

Tuesday, August 22, 2006


AMSTERDAM- We arrived and Amsterdam near noontime and bumped into Wes and Ryan at a restaurant. We said our goodbyes and then Wes headed back to London, and soon, home. Matt had decided to go to the Rhine Valley instead and I fear we may not see him until his trip is over. After we checked in we headed for the Heineken Brewery. It was cool to be doing the same very thing that my Dad did over 30 years ago. We had dinner at a British sports pub of some sort, where we watched some English Football and a Red Sox-Yankees game. That night Brett, Scotty, and I headed to the Red Light district and straight back home to bed.

The next day was Sunday, and seeing how I hadn't been to a church service yet on this trip, I decided to get up early and go to Church. It was a Reformed church in English with a Scottish Pastor. After church, I met up with Ryan at the Anne frank Museum. It was a chilling but good exhibit. On our walk back we stopped for some Dutch pancakes. It had been raining pretty hard the whole morning, so after being repeatedly soaked we decided to just stay in the hostel for a while and watch tv. We did this until dinner, got food, and then came back and did it again until we went to bed.

The next morning we saw Ryan off and then I took a short train to Haarlem to see the "The Hiding Place". Of course it ended up being closed but I still had fun walking around the city. We had more rain, so we didn't do much the rest of the day. Brett had been sick during most of this time as well. The next day we took the train to Berlin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home